(May 04, 2016
When you purchased your current home, chances are it was a good match for you and your family's lifestyle. It had the space you needed to house the kids, a pool for those hot summer days in Grand Forks, and a location that worked for you close to town. But for most people, lifestyle and needs evolve through the years. The most common change for people in our area seems to be taking on new hobbies and other interests. Now that you no longer need three quads, maybe a two car garage isn't necessary! You may find that the home that was ideal a few years ago may not fit with your current lifestyle. That doesn’t necessarily mean you need to shop for a new home! However, it may mean that it’s worth taking a look at the current housing market in Grand Forks or Christina Lake and see what’s possible.Think about the kind of home that would support your lifestyle today. It's a good idea to ask questions like:
- How many bedrooms do we need?
- How easy is it to travel to work each day?
- What special features do we want in our home? (Big backyard? Rec room? Quiet neighbourhood?)
- What do we want nearby? (School? Playground? Walking and biking trails? Entertainment? Christina Lake? The Golf Course?)
- What else does our home need in order to support our lifestyle?
After asking yourself some of these key questions, ask other family members for their opinions too.You may, in fact, find that the property you have now is still ideal for your lifestyle.If, however, your home is no longer a good fit, you have options. You can stay in your current home despite it no longer being ideal, you can make some changes (a renovation, perhaps), or you can see what’s available in the Grand Forks or Christina Lake housing market..